Inward Witness to the Truth of the Gospel. Featured. Spread the love. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now. Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

My soul is starved and hungry, ravenous!—

This is an old truth, as old as the everlasting hills, because trials were in the covenant, and certainly the covenant is as old as the eternal mountains. Psalm 119:18 (NLT) Jun 15 2017. He believed that there were such things in the law of God; he desired to see them. Open my eyes that I may see

This is an old truth, as old as the everlasting hills, because trials were in the covenant, and certainly the covenant is as old as the eternal mountains.

Please verify all the information to the official website of the person, products, services or brands for accuracy and completeness, if necessary. Psalm 119:18 Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions. That I may behold wondrous things - Things which are suited to excite wonder and amazement: that is, things which are secret or hidden from the common view; the deep, spiritual meaning of the word of God. To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament, The Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance And Dictionary, Watson's Biblical & Theological Dictionary, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Brenton Translaton of the Septuagint (LXX), that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law, Commentary Critical and Explanatory - Unabridged, Kretzmann's Popular Commentary of the Bible, Lange's Commentary on the Holy Scriptures. "My Son, beware thou dispute not of high matters and of the hidden judgments of God; why this man is thus left, and that man is taken into so great favour; why also this man is so greatly afflicted, and that so highly exalted. of Wondrous things out of thy law. Share. I’m absorbed in pondering your wise counsel. The Hebrew word means to be naked; then to make naked, to uncover, to disclose, to reveal. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by. This veil must be removed; the scales must drop from their eyes; their eyes must be opened and enlightened, before they can discern spiritual things contained in the word of God; and even good men need to have the eyes of their understandings more and more enlightened into these things, as the psalmist here petitions, and the apostle prays for his Ephesians, Ephesians 1:17; that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law; the law strictly taken, which had great and excellent things in it; and was wonderful for the compendiousness of it; for the justice, holiness, and equity of its precepts; especially for its spirituality, and above all for Christ, being the end of it; the two last more particularly could only be discerned by a spiritual man: or rather the five books of Moses, the almost only Scriptures extant in David's time, in which there were many wonderful things concerning Christ; some delivered by way of promise and prophecy of him, under the characters of the seed of the woman, the seed of Abraham, the Shiloh, and the great Prophet; and many others in dark figures, types, and shadows, which required a spiritual sight to look into; of which the rock and manna, the brasen serpent, passover, &c. are instances: but rather, as the word "law" signifies "doctrine", the doctrine of the Gospel may be meant; which contains mysteries in it, respecting the trinity of Persons in the Godhead, the person of Christ, his incarnation, sufferings and death; the blessings of grace through him; the doctrines of peace, pardon, righteousness, eternal life, and the resurrection of the dead; with many others. Psalm 119:18 (NLT) Jun 15 2017. Share. Gods of Babylon. I/We do not claim accuracy and copyright to some text, images, videos, songs and other media materials on this blog. ignoring everything you tell them—let them have it! 36 Give me an eagerness for your laws. GOD'S PEOPLE HAVE THEIR TRIALS. Bible Verses. American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab225d38), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x55a6ab225b58), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x55a6ab225978), Brenton Translaton of the Septuagint (LXX)ARRAY(0x55a6ab225798), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab2255b8), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab221450), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x55a6ab221270), Easy-to-Read VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab220eb0), English Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab220cd0), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x55a6ab220af0), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x55a6ab220910), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x55a6ab220730), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x55a6ab21c5c8), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab21c3e8), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x55a6ab21c028), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55a6ab21bbd8), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x55a6ab21b9f8), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab21b7d0), New International VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab217440), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x55a6ab216cc0), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x55a6ab216ae0), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x55a6ab212798), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x55a6ab2125b8), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x55a6ab212018), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x55a6ab211e38), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x55a6ab211a78). Psalms 119:18 - NLT - Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your... Study verse in the New Living Translation

I. Psalms 119:18 Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions. The eyes of my heart or understanding, as Kimchi; or, "reveal mine eyes"; take off the veil from them: there is a veil of darkness and ignorance on the hearts of all men, with respect to divine and spiritual things; their understandings are darkened, yea, darkness itself. Any person, products, services or brands mentioned are not in any way related to me/us unless stated. wonderful things in your law. Praise His name so that the whole world hears! Browse archives for June 15, 2017. The Holy Scriptures are plain enough; but the heart of man is darkened by sin. Posted in. Compare the notes at 1 Corinthians 2:6-15. Psalms 119:18 - NLT - Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your... Study verse in the New Living Translation Corporate names and trademarks stated herein are the property of their respective companies. The word “law” here is used to denote “all” that God had revealed to mankind; all that is contained in the volume of inspiration. When once the heart is won, other defects are, A Short Method Of Prayer And Spiritual Torrents. I’m a stranger in these parts; - Psalm 119:18 (NLT) Skip to content. In these words the Psalmist declares, that in consequence of having obeyed God's commandments he had obtained more wisdom and understanding than those who had first enlightened his ignorance, and were once more enlightened than he. Proud member (1) That there are deep, hidden, secret things in the word of God, which are not perceived by the natural man; (2) That those things, when understood, are suited to excite wonder, or to fill the mind with admiring views of God; (3) That a special illumination of God is necessary that man may perceive these things; and. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Open my eyes to see Browse archives for June 15, 2017. Yes, your sayings on life are what give me delight; A Time for Everything; The Seven Habits of a Godly Life; When Words Won’t Come; The Armor of God; The Vine and the Branches ; Prayer; Our Faithful God; … Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold Posted in. New Living Translation (NLT). We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. rather than a love for money! # This psalm is a Hebrew acrostic poem; there are twenty-two stanzas, one for each successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Psalm 119:18 New Living Translation (NLT) 18 Open my eyes to see. NLT Girls Life Application Study Bible, Softcover, NLT Life Application Large-Print Study Bible, Third Edition--soft leather-look, black/onyx (indexed), NLT Large-Print Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition--soft leather-look, berry, The Book of Psalms: Raw, Honest Poems Telling the Stories of Humans and the Desire to Know God, NLT, NLT Our Daily Bread Devotional Bible, Leatherlike Purple. Open my eyes so I can see I listen to them as to good neighbors! For any feedback / suggestion / concern, please use the contact page. Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your law. These things pass all man's power of judging, neither may any reasoning or disputation have power to search out the divine judgments. Tagged with Psalm 119:18. Share . Here it is the same as “uncover;” that is, take away from the eyes what is before them to prevent clear vision. Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp.