Both the YZ125 and YZ250 each sport industry leading KYB spring-type fork and KYB rear shock for unmatched comfort and performance on the track. We ( i should say my son runs it , hell i got better sense ) run flattrack , and many diff gearing combo's specific to each track size, shape , and degree of banking. The plus is that the YZ125 has had such a long lifespan that most of the known flaws have been found. After that, we never felt the need to touch a clicker with our 157lb frame aboard the YZ. At 201 pounds, the Yamaha YZ125 is easy to ride and very agile. These cookies do not store any personal information.

SIDECAR MOTOCROSS: MOST UNDERRATED MOTORSPORT IN THE WORLD, MXA RETRO TEST: WE RIDE COOPER WEBB’S 2015 STAR YAMAHA YZ250F, MXA RETRO TEST: WE RIDE TOMMY HAHN’S 2007 FACTORY HONDA CRF250, THE HONDA CRF450 THAT ST. CHRISTOPHER WOULD APPROVE OF, MXA RETRO TEST: WE RIDE RICKY CARMICHAEL’S MXDN CHAMPIONSHIP SUZUKI RM-Z450, JACK PHINN’S PURPOSE-DRIVEN 2019 KTM 350SXF PROJECT BIKE. OMG do you run a steering stabliser ? However, in the really tight, NEPG style terrain, the two-smoker was ideal for weaving in and out of trees without snagging the bars. that sounds like a badass bike!

Amazingly enough, the claimed weights of the YZ125 and 125SX are very accurate. The geometry sucks for high speed stuff, but gearing becomes the problem...you run out of them.

2020 YZ250F: Tune, Race, Win The overall changes of the 2020 YZ450F deliver increased power output with more controllable linear acceleration and lightweight handling characteristics that mimic a YZ250F.

At 9000 rpm, the 125SX has an almost 2-horsepower advantage.

(1) Engine.
The steel components on the Kayaba shock were replaced with lighter aluminum pieces. That is a significant advantage for the KTM. And, it was workable with compression and rebound adjustments up and down the weight range. The difference in weight between those two bikes is noticeable whereas we could’ve sworn the 250FX had wider handlebars on it. Without the tacked-on shipping charges and ridiculous setup fees that make your dealer look like he got his billing protocol from the phone company, the 2020 Yamaha YZ125’s Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $6599. Up big hills, the KTM 125SX could turn a disadvantage at the bottom into an easy pass at the top. We got to spend a couple of days riding it in the deep south, at the home of Randy Hawkin’s Ampro Yamaha off-road racing team. The bottom end is smooth and torquey for a 125  making this bike more capable in the tight singletrack. (4) Gearing. The 2020 Yamaha YZ125X is the new off-road version of the YZ125 motocross two-stroke. These cookies do not store any personal information. Under the AMA’s convoluted double-displacement handicapping of four-strokes, the number of 125 two-strokes with a ghost of a chance of winning anything above the 125 Novice class is almost nil. Now all that’s missing from the package is…you. I took a picture of one of his first attempts and posted it here....sorry for the black/white film, but I did the best I could.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Glenn_Curtiss_on_his_V-8_motorcycle,_Ormond_Beach,_Florida_1907.jpg, hmm thats faster than my yz125.

We didn’t have a scale with us, but we know that the YZ125 weighs 201 pounds without fuel, and the X should only be heavier by the weight of a kickstand. Motocross, Enduro and Supermoto World Champions in MXGP, MX2, WMX, Enduro GP and S1GP, Exciting & Unique: Slingshot Speaks to You, Husqvarna team not happy with Moto3 race as rear tyre dropped immediately, WEEKEND MOTORCYCLE RACING ACTION – NOVEMBER 22nd, Tricky MotoGP on the unfamiliar highly technical and spectacular Autodromo Internacional Do Algarve track, MotoGP Danilo Petrucci still struggling to find himself comfortable on his bike, Pabio Quartararo wins the BMW M Award in MotoGP for the first time, Did You Know? Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 270mm We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website.

The 2020 Yamaha YZ125 and KTM 125SX make their peak torque at 11,000 and 11,100 rpm respectively.
For the most part, these three groups of bikes are purebred race bikes. Riding a bike that light makes you a superhero. The 125cc liquid‑cooled 2‑stroke is the most fun you can have on two wheels. The Yamaha YZ125 would burst out of turns, and the KTM would try to run it down at the end of the straight.

For hardcore racing, we ran this setup on the 2020 Yamaha YZ125 (stock clickers are in parentheses):

The transmission and pipe/silencer is identical to that of the moto bike.

hahaha if you want to showboat, see how fast you can ride a wheelie past it. Suspension / Rear KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel The 2020 YZ85 and YZ65 will both be available from dealers this month in Team Yamaha Blue for $4,599 MSRP. Sell or buy used bikes?

Additionally, the bLU cRU altered the power valve shape, which acts as a way to lower the exhaust port without changing the cylinder, while timing it to open slower and later than on the moto bike. POWER

Yamaha invited us out to South Carolina, similar to last year, to unveil the YZ125X and all new YZ250FX at Randy Hawkins’ ranch in Union, SC. It really depends on what gearing your running, if it's stock I'd say that's about right. Most plus-40 off-road riders don’t know it, but they would be much happier on a 125. Rebound: 12 clicks out And 76 mph sounds pretty fast to me for a stock bike. The bike is another sign of the commitment that Yamaha is showing to the two-stroke.

"Mr. Totalmotorcycle". I was really just wondering what the general top speed is for a yz 125, not trying to showboat or out do anyone. My yz has stock gearing, had comp. Sell or buy used bikes?

The bike has been a solid seller ever since. The 125X isn’t for sleepy trail rides.